Thursday, March 29, 2007

SXSW-SCHUBA'S 11TH ANNUAL YARD DOG GALLERY SHOWCASE-TOUR DAY 9 (PRT.2)

Alright. So we picked up from Buffalo Billards and made our way over to the next venue. It's sooo awesome we had a car for this day because honestly if we didn't we wouldn't have been able to make all our shows in a timely fashion.

Yard Dog Gallery wasn't too hard to find. We pulled up behind the building and just kind let our car chill. Eventually we loaded our stuff off to the side, I checked the merch in, and we just watched some other band play. The whole scene was completely chill and that can be owed to the god that is Matt Rucins. That boy has his shit together I can't say that enough, he rocks!

It was real awesome seeing him, and once again he just provided me with all the info I needed, gave me drink tix for the band, and meal vouchers too.

Everything was going smooth until we realized we didnt' have the transformer/adaptor that we needed....to which I thought the show couldn't happen w/o. This caused Stephane to panic a bit and get frustrated. We ended up having to call Anthony to pick up the thing from Buffalo Billards where it was left behind. The panic attack only lasted about 15mins though because Stephane being studio-boy genius that he is figured out a way for the band to play without it. So the show went on! Hzah!

While the band played I took a little break snagging some BBQ. Also Matt Rucins pointed me in the direction of my free Saucony shoes. The band was asked earlier on before the tour if they wanted a pair, but they all declined. Mainly because the Saucony website only showed these really sporty looking shoes. I wasn't that into them either, but thought 'hey i can always use some free shoes' I lucked out because they're actually a pretty sweet pair.



Anyways the band kicked ass. After they got off stage I told them I would take care of loading up the van because they needed to eat and relax for a second before we all went to the next gig. So while they chowed down on some BBQ I went ahead and loaded the van passing by some photographer for some magazine who kept taking pictures by the van, which was rather annoying.

After the band was loaded up and ready to go, I then went to grab the merch, did the count out and we were off to the next venue!

As for Anthony and the transformer I called him sometime during the show to tell him there wasn't an extreme rush to get it there. he was a little pissed because of sitting in traffic worrying to the high heavens the show wouldnt' go on because of this thing, which is understandable, but the show went on, we didn't lose the transformer and we were on schedule.

I was a little bummed though cuz i wanted to see cold war kids play after us, but didn't get to.

No comments: