Monday, March 12, 2007

THE BORDELLO- Tour Day 2

BORDELLO

So sorry for the delay in my tour diary, it’s kinda hard to keep up given the errands to do and the lack of internet available at venues.

10AM I went to pick up Alex and Isabelle to take care of getting drum sticks and some shoes repaired. Stephane and Francois decided to come along as well. After dropping off Isabelle’s boots, we went to the guitar center on sunset. The band enjoyed looking at all the hand prints in front of the store and took some pictures as well.

After that Stephane told me he wanted to meet up with a director friend of his, Twist, who I guess is well known for doing one of the Vines videos, also his brother did eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. We arranged to meet up with him at the Griddle after picking up Isabelle’s shoes from the repair shop. Until it was time to go there though, I showed them around LA. I ended up taking them by Ozzy’s house, through Bel Air, and all the way up the PCH back tracking through Santa Monica. They had a really good time laughing and talked to me here and there to answer some questions they had.

After picking up Isabelle’s shoes we went to the Griddle. It was a good meal. I don’t’ know if they enjoyed it or not, but they seemed happy. I didn’t have too much to add to the group conversation after Twist arrived, because everyone was conversing in French. But I’m not really a big talker in large groups of people anyways so it suited me just fine.

After the gig we went back to their hotel and they got ready for the show while I went home to grab my computer and tour book for the day. I picked them up a little after 5 and we went down to the venue. The main band Paris Love L.A. was on stage working out all the details of their performance. They were taking a very long time though, and the band who’s backline we were using weren’t going to show up until 9pm that night. So the band dropped their gear and went back up to the hotel. I hung around the venue to catch some of the show and prepped the guestlist.

Paris Loves L.A. was a good band, but they weren’t that great in my opinion. Also they hogged the stage and went over their set time and no one did anything about it. This caused the prototypes and magic & rattles to shorten their set. One thing that will piss people off is when you go over your set time by taking a long ass break and they playing ten more songs after that break. Very uncool on Paris Loves L.A’s part, And I’m kinda mad that the plug wasn’t pulled on this band for doing that because it should have been.

Anyways Adrian Greier? The main dude in the HBO show Entourage was there. He came to see Paris Loves L.A. I think, what a silly choice on his part, He should have stayed later for the Prototypes when we went on which was 12:11, not 11pm. After the show we loaded up. The band was still jet lagged so I took them to the hotel.

Problems with this show included not having enough comp tix for the guest list, and Twist getting in trouble with the venue for having a camera rig. People being all “L.A’ about things is a pain in the ass sometimes, meaning Twist getting booted not him filming. Aside from that it went okay. The show had some technical difficulties, but they’ve been adjusted since.

After the show I also forgot to get the cutt from the venue, but raced back and caught up with the promoter and got our whopping 60 bucks. Then I think I went home and tried to sleep…

That’s all for now, I know I’m a loser for doing that, but I have to go to bed, I will try to write more tomorrow because I have most of the day free.

Cheers,
mary

2 comments:

Richard Hellinga said...

Saw the Protoypes at Schubas on Monday. They were awesome!

-Peter- said...

Didn't I go to the Griddle with you that one time? Thinking about that is making me hungry right now.