Friday, March 23, 2007

FUNKY BUDDHA'S- TOUR DAY 7

Today was real busy. I was mostly caught up with finalizing the advancing for the Current show, and printing out directions & day sheets. Also I had to go to the airport to pick up a rental van for this day. The Minty crew was leaving early the next morning for sxsw, so they weren't able to give us a lift to the airport or Funky Buddha's that evening.

While I was out getting the car, I stopped by Sensaphonics to place an order for a new ear mold to be made. In LA one of my in-ears broke, but luckily I knew we were going to chicago so that situation wasn't as annoying as it could have been. After chatting it up and grabbing the philly in-ear number for nat, I cruised back to Minty.

When i got back, I picked up Angie for lunch at Schuba's as to partake in some fine food whild getting the band's cutt from last night's show. Angie was really cool, like i said, she has all these great ideas for minty and hopefully she'll get to have some of them happen. After talking 'shop' we talked about life related matters then paid the bill.

Meanwhile the band was cruising around the city with Jim Powers. They really liked chicago, which is awesome. I'd have to say Chicago is one of my fav places to visit. I would consider living there if it weren't for the wind and cold....

Come show time we seemed a little destine for destruction..For some reason this show had a bad vibe set with it from the beginning. The band and I loaded up into the car and we ended up getting to Funky Buddha's around 8. I of course was getting us a little lost thanks to mapquest, and my driving skills...No one was there which was mysterious...Basically from this point on it was a whole lotta miscommunication. I won't go into it a great deal, but basically it was one of those 'too many cooks in the kitchen' incidents which no one can be completely held responsible for on all sides.

It was a bummer cuz we ended up playing earlier then was advertised and I believe alot of the Prototypes fans didn't show up till midnight. I mean the band was happy about it, they were real tired and jet lagged and I think were more concerned with the show the next day then anything, but it still blows for the fans. The promoter dude was pretty cool though about the whole thing, i felt bad for him, it sucks this gig got confirmed last minute. The promoter really put alot into it like getting us full backline, and drinks etc.

Oh well, after this event, we ended up bailing back to minty and prepared to leave for the airport the next morning. At this point i was excited about south by south west but also very nervous about getting to the first gig on time for the band. I really thought it was gonna be jammed packed with traffic going in.

No comments: