Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tour Part Three-Missouri Central

Alright, so after we ventured into Lee's Summit, MO, we settled into our hotel and rested up. It was good to be stationary for a day or so since we'd been roaming the roads of the America for a little while.

The following week and a half continued on as such. There isn't too much fun to be had in the rule areas of Missouri. I believe after our second event in Olivette, MO me and Araceli went to Massage Envy to spoil ourselves from all our hard work. Araceli had a good massage, mine sucked. I don't know why people think that when I tell them they need to put lots of pressure on my massage they always give me a cold fish massage. Oh well....Anyways after that we went to get sushi, but there was no place around the area for such. We settled on store bought sushi (or at least i did) but disappointed still, none the less.

That weekend we stayed in St Louis at the Hampton Inn. I'd been there a year ago, but the Hampton Inn changed it's location and moved closer to the heart of the city. It was super vamped up too which was great. Definately an improvement. Araceli and I walked around the Arch, the parks, we went to the zoo, art & history museum, and even had time to get lost in Forest Park because we forgot where we parked our vehicle. We also went out for sushi with Rod and one of his old tourmates which was fun and to the City Museum! The City Museum is a childrens museum during the day, but is open to everyone at night on the weekends. You can also get alcohol and run around through all the caves and jungle gyms they have set up there. It was the craziest thing and gave me more respect for the that city because we went there. They also had a wedding reception going on there which was pretty cool. I suppose if i lived in St Louis, that would be the location I'd want my wedding to be at :)

The only down side to this whole trip was that our car was broken into. It was annoying and could have been avoided if Hampton Inn's security guard wasn't on the interweb, but alas, that was the case and therefore we got our car broken into. They only stole our GPS and a car charger though, so that was good it wasn't something more valuable since all of us left at least one bag in the car.

The morning after this we all packed up and left for our last event in Cape Girardeau, MO. It was a cute little place, and the people there were super nice. I was happy it was our last stop, and extremely easy. The day was a little long, but went by soon enough. After the event Araceli and I said goodbye to Rod, who'd rented a car earlier that day so he could just drive home to Ohio after the gig. it was great having Rod on tour, he was a super helpful tourmate, hopefully I'll work with him again in the future. Araceli and I journeyed on to Norcross, GA and got in around 2am the next morning. The rooms we booked were awesome though, had nice little kitchens, a seperate bedroom, and a living room area. it was wonderful to see that after a long trip :)

The next day I went to the office and started unloading the my truck and the warehouse and doing the regular inventory. Then I went over to IMG Live to get another set of keys to Juan's trailer to do the same. As I was waiting for Dougie to finish up a meeting, I heard some familiar voices. The door soon opened and after Josh Pate low-fived me, out came Charlie and Adrian with hi-five's of their own! It was good seeing the two of them again, and most unexpected as their tour finished a week earlier. They however were out on another extension of their own. After catching up on how each other's tour went, and getting a few things out of trailers, I took Juan's trailer to the warehouse and Dougie drove Charlie and Adrian out to the airport for their flight to colorado for work.

I then went back to hang with Araceli for a bit, her and i scheduled another massage together and were planning on going to MAC again to get another good ole' discount on products. The girl at MAC wasn't as cool as the first one we went to in Chicago, but still fairly informed. AFter the massage, which was sooo freakin good! we went back to the hotel and tried to get some sleep.

In the morning, we nearly missed Araceli's flight because we both slept in, then after dropping her off, she realized her purse was still in the car! however all thoughts of missing the plane were averted and she got home safely.

alright, have to take a break writing now. I'll continue onward in a bit for a little taste of what I've been doing since then.

later

No comments: