Saturday, September 26, 2009

On to El Paso

We left after our Paris, TX event for El Paso.

It was an okay drive, pretty long. The only thing I can really say was memorable about El Paso was that it's right next to the Mexican Border, and the alcohol over there is wicked cheap.

Juan and I had dinner with one of his friends at Cheddars and she was saying that there is a drink special every day of the weeknight. I thought this was crazy. I had never seen large margaritas and other mixed drinks for 4-5 dollars, that's sumthin'

We were thinking of going to hop over the border and have a drink in Mexico, but it was getting late and I think the drive pretty much took all our energy away.

The event here went pretty well. We were trying to see if we could get out of there early enough to go to Carlsbad Caverns. I'd been there once before and from what I can remember it's pretty much worth seeing. However, it closed at around 5 and we weren't outta work that day til around 6pm. On the way out of El Paso, we also saw the McDonald's Observatory, another awesome site to see and check out all the stars. I had also been there, but it was a very long time ago and i was super young so i barely remember anything, except wondering if i could get some french fries there.

We stopped in Fort Stockton that night, again there really wasn't much there..

on a side note, i just rememberd that at the call center in Paris, TX, I think we stayed at one of their first Hampton Inn hotels. One of the ladies at the call center was talking about where we were staying and saying how excited she was when the hotel first was built that she rented out a room there and stayed the night just to test it out...I thought this was alittle odd, but I suppose even small town folk need a small escape from small town living....

No comments: