Friday, September 18, 2009

Out with the Old and in with the New!

I landed in Dayton, OH later on that day...around 7pm. I thought that it would just be my mom and possible dad picking me up, but it turned out to be Laurean and Adam (bro by law) too!

I finally got to see my sister pregnant which was awesome! i was so sure i'd missed my chance earlier in July when I planned to see her after my two week training in Atlanta, GA on the way to my first event of the tour.

Anyways, it was evident that the baby was about ready to be born by the size of her stomach. I'll refrain from description because in case Laurean does read this, I wouldn't want to say anything that would make her feel sensitive about being pregnant, because it's a beautiful thing regardless of whether or not you feel that way when you are pregnant 100% of the time.

Not too much else happened on the ride from the airport back to West Chester, OH where my sister and bro by law live. The only thing of note was that past Monroe, OH, my sister and mom showed me the Touchdown Jesus! It is probably the most ridiculous thing to have in the middle of nowhere.

Take a look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_Kings_(statue)

The only thing I wonder about this is if pilots point this out to passengers when they're flying overhead....hmmm...

when we finally got to West Chester, we stopped at a Roadhouse Ribs place for dinner. I was itching to grab a book to read for the car ride back to Philly the following day so after dinner I asked my parents if it was possible to drop everyone off and then one of them let me go over to barnes and noble real quick to pick up a book i had in mind.

Dad was completely against this, mom said no too. And of course neither of them wanted me driving alone in rural Ohio at night.....sooo weird. Adam pointed out the barnes and noble was literally a 2minute walk across the road from where we were. So i decided that while they were waiting for the bill I'd walk over there and get what I wanted. Mom again, started acting all crazy saying 'no i don't want you walking out there! you might get accosted!!!!....

Now folks, let it be noted this was one of those really nice shopping areas, not Compton, CA...so the idea that my mom thought i would get accosted exiting one building,and then walking two minutes to get to the next building is completely and utterly RIDICULOUS. And yes, i did call my mom crazy for this.....It's like she forgets I travel around for work and am hanging out in cities late at night on the regular by myself....geez....

Anyways, I still went across the street (by myself & no i didn't get accosted) to get my book. I wanted to start reading the Sookie Stackhouse books that are best known for inspiring the hit tv show Trueblood.

Next morning we set out bright and early to start back to philly. I read my book, listened to music, and slept most of the way. We also stopped somewhere in the morning to get some Coldstone. My mom and dad love ice cream, so that was our little treat for the day. I got a sorbet.

After getting home that evening, Tara came over and we go to catch up for a bit. We went out to have some dinner over at howl and the moon, but it was closed. AS we were making our way into Kennett Square though, we did see Darryl Brown! I hadn't seen him since i dunno, i guess graduation or something. It was nice to see how he was doing. I think he said he'll probably finish up working at the bike shop til winter up in Philly and then close that down to do the same thing in Key West. Sounds like a pretty good setup in my opinion, having consistency that varies here and there, however I also think he said he's probably not gonna return to Philly to do it next year though....

The next day I went out to lunch with Mrs. Buckwalter and my mom to Two Fat Guys. What made this outing sooo eventful was that we saw Fran Wildralaga there. I like him a bunch and even though there wasn't tons to talk about with him, it was still awesome to see his face!

Later on we heard from Laurean that she was in labor and started to await the birth of my new nephew/niece....oh the anticipation.....it took a little over 24 hours for Laurean to actually give birth, and in all that time we I watched Trueblood, hung out with some more of mom's friends for a chapagne lunch, we driving around with dad, and went to Lush and the Christiana mall....also saw mike Pesce there too!


Finally the kid was born in the evening. The hospital Laurean had the baby in was practically a resort! the pictures for the place were CRAZY! The baby ended up being a boy and was named Remy Alexander Leigh. I think mom was a little worried Laurean and Adam would name it something crazy, but they have good taste with those types of things, and the baby is half Broadbent, so it will have taste anyways :)


The remainder of my stay with the parents was good. I went out one more time with Chris Harne to see 'Inglorious Bastards' it was okay, not my fav Taratino film for sure. Thursday finally rolled around and I left early in the morning to start a new tour in Atlanta..and so it goes

No comments: