Wednesday, May 2, 2007

TRAVEL DAY-TOUR DAY 13

After taking a nap, I woke up and called Alex to arrange an alternative time to get him home via bus. We ended up going out to dinner at some steak place and I made Alex eat pickle chips.

It was a pretty nice evening, very chill. Afterwards more sleeping occurred.

The next day we were all ready to leave for the airport...as we shuffled on in to first class we were all praying our flight wouldn't get canceled this time....which it didn't

we landed in newark and proceeded to baggage claim to get everyone's luggage and re-check everyone in for their next flights out. As soon as everyone was settled, we had our last supper together from the food court. I was holding up okay till i had to say good bye to the band and take Alex to the greyhound station....stephane said 'now mary don't cry' which pretty much was the catalyst for my tears...i'm such a softy...geez...anyways, after hugging them goodbye me and alex caught the bus to the greyhound.

on the ride over, the bus broke down so we had to hail a cab...then we had to wait for a while for alex's bus to show up. while we were waiting there was this woman there with her children. it seemed as though she'd gotten kicked out of her boyfriends house with her two kids and they had to catch a ride down to philly via the bus. she had about 8 bags with her and was only allowed to take four so she was really breaking down at the station....i wish there was something that could have been done to help her...i'm sure she's okay now, and that her stuff was just stored and it's with her now. the bus station people seemed really reasonable...but it's really sad when someone's in a tough fix like that and you personally can't help them out. her kids weren't helping her that much either though, which was a bummer...

after i said my goodbye's to alex, i went back on the bus to the airport. I tried to find the prototypes again, just to see if they might be hanging around...but they weren't there, which i kinda figured....

with no one left to tend to i went to my own airline and proceeded to check in. I was flying from newark to chicago to lax. the game plan was that i would drop off minty fresh's cymbals in chicago during my layover, then go on to lax....however when i checked in the flight attendant said that my plane was already delayed...so there would be no chance of me handing off the cymbals to anthony or whom ever else was supposed to pick them up. I called minty to tell them and they were satisfied with me just taking the cymbals to LA and then mailing them back to the label...after this was ok..i asked the flight attendant to change my flight to whatever they had leaving asap to LAX.

She found me a flight through washington dc which was sweet. probably the smartest move i made because i found out later on the flight from newark to chicago wouldn't have left the airport till around 2am that morning had i stayed on it.

the rest of the night was smooth, i just slept on the plane, and took a cab home.

recovery mode proceeded there after.....i'll write up a summation of time spent at home next time.

ta

No comments: