Tuesday, April 3, 2007

SXSW-DAY OFF-TOUR DAY 10

I woke up early today because I was wiggin' out about my ID. Immediately I decided to get on the phone to the DMV for Austin and see if I could be issued a state ID or something. DENIED! They referred me to the airport though, and I proceeded to take action there while making phone calls to my roommate Dan, and my parents to get me my passport.

It was a very frustrating morning and the band kinda knew i was having a rough day, so they layed low on asking me questions. I don't really mind answering questions when i'm frustrated, I just have to concentrate on giving a clear answer that won't cause a secondary question is all so I always look like i'm mad when i'm concentrating on answering ?'s.

We were all getting ready to leave for the band's TV interview when Francois informed me he broke the toilet, but after looking at the piping and seeing he just cut a line, it was easy to repair. I only had to use some scissors to cut a piece off and retied the whole thing together....however in the process of cutting off said piece I also cutt of a bit of my finger so I started bleeding.

While Dr. Francois fixed me up, I fixed the toilet and the day continued with only a minor casualty!

Soon I was able to get some info from the airport saying all i needed was a police report saying my id was lost/stolen. This was a bit of a relief to hear and it put my mind at ease. I put the ID thing on hold and took the band down for an interview with current TV over on 4th street. While there I spoke with the TV people if they knew anyone locally who would be willing to lend the band backline for our last show tomorrow. They said they would get back to me.

After dropping off the rental car, I walked on down to the police station to take care of the matter. First I had to call a number and tell them what was up. Then some other people were supposed to call me back giving me a ref. number for the report, then I was supposed to go back to the police station to get a copy of the report. This took about 3 hours out of my day..

While doing all that, I went to kinko's to get a copy of my passport from my mom, and continued to ask people for Band Equip. I think at this point I went on back to the police station and got my report! HOORAY! I CAN FLY!

After that I called up Angie and we met at Stubb's to go check out the SPIN magazine party. Also there was the infamous Matt Rucin and his lovely wife. There was also a woman named Margaret Mary there which was a fun conversation for about 3 mins haha. she actually had some fun SPIN VIP passes that I think she made, so Angie and I went throught those. Angie got a James Brown one, while I chose some dude with a beard and yellow hat who was playing drums. then we mostly strolled around for a bit, then decided to partake in some free tequilla. The band onstage was pretty good I can't remember who it was though.



Al met up with us somewhere in the mix and I think eventually it was just me and him wandering while Angie did some work related affairs. Al & I proceeded to go see the Teeth at the Sidebar right around the corner, but at this point they bailed to their second gig, so Al and I took Park the Van compilations and headed down to check out their second show, and catch OH NO! OH MY!

We ended up over by Malaga so i took the liberty of going in there and checking for my ID again just to ensure it wasn't there. Al and I couldn't find exactly find where OH NO! OH MY! was, so while Al still searched, i peaced out and met up with Angie to see the Teeth play at the speakeasy. They put on a pretty good show. After the show we all hung out on the top of the speakeasy in this sort of roof-top lounge.





There were couch type beds set up with little tables for drinks built in all around the edge of the roof, there was also a dj in the center, and on top of that they were serving Dewars for free. It was pretty awesome. As me and Angie soaked up the sun and loved life at that point the teeth, chadwick, and Joel joined us. Angie eventually bailed for a Fader party and I kicked it with the teeth helping them load up their van and going to dinner with them, Andrew, and the girl who was with them playing pool the other night. We kept on meeting up with Joel and Chadwick who were show hopping, eventually the teeth bailed home for the night, and I lost chadwick and joel. I called up Angie and we hung out for a bit. Angie however wanted to check out some other show, and I was feeling lousy from the day and felt there was stuff I needed to get done for tomorrow so I ended walking back to the house. I thought I might be that last one home that night, but it was only 10p.

I just did paper work, and waited till the rest of the band got home, went over the next day with them and went to sleep.