Sunday, November 22, 2009

Down In San Antonio, TX

We were in San Antonio for a couple of days before the event. Luckily we stayed in Towneplace Suites during this time so there was a kitchen and lovely flat screen TV to take advantage of.

Juan and I were both in hearing impaired rooms so we took advantage of bothering each other sporadically throughout the days there ringing the door bells, which were loud, obnoxious, and annoying if anything. But it was a lot of fun!!

The first night there neither one of us felt like going out. I was still feeling the hangover from drinking the evening before and Juan I think didn’t get enough sleep either. Both of us just watched the TrueBlood marathon that was going on and made plans later to grab food for ourselves and shop for the even the next day.

After the Trueblood season finally, I decided to try to get in a little of San Antonio and visit the Alamo. Whenever I visit, I always think of the Alamo Basement joke, and Ozzy Osbourne peeing on the Alamo. Gotta be a tough break to never be allowed to visit this city again, it’s pretty beautiful. I like to think of it as the New Orleans of Texas, except less drinking and more relaxation.

I got out to the riverwalk rather late, so I was only on it for a little bit. I did swing by the Alamo though, but again it was late so there was no where to park and everything was closed down for the day.

Last time I was there was with Voodoo Daddy and I was able to walk around a little more. I sat out by the river and had a margarita by myself and took in the view. The only bummer I ever experience from touring is that I always miss my friends the most when I’m taking in the greatest things that make me happy, probably because I wish they were there for them as well. Just to share in it all.

The event the next day was good. Here our buddy, Vince Clemons joined us. The call center was divided into two buildings so we broke our power hours in half and were able to squeeze in a lunch at FreeBirds to boot!

We left immediately after the event and headed to Houston. Woot woot!

No comments: